October 28, 2013 by piratritasavit
Hi there Supporters of Team Tritasavit!
On Saturday October 19, we walked for life in honor of our daughter, Fia Jae. Here’s a glimpse into the amazing work that is happening through Alpha Pregnancy Center:
- With your help, Team Tritasavit raised over $3300 for APC (or goal was $2000)! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
- 150 walkers turned up for the Walk for Life to deliver gift bags to clients.
- Our walking team was comprised of 6 people from 4 different churches: Phyllis (CPC Foster City), Clara (Dolores Park), Pedro (Calvary Baptist SF) and Team Tritasavit (representing New Life Church of the Nazarene in SF).
- We met a young mother and her beautiful 5-month-old son and prayed for her after we delivered gift bags of toys and clothes.
- Chastidy Ronan, director of APC, shared some of the grim statistics and the dire need for APC’s services:
- In San Francisco, 16,000 babies are born every year. Sadly, 18,000 babies are aborted annually in SF.
- Mothers are 85% more likely to choose life when seeing the baby’s heartbeat; thankfully, APC’s ultrasound program is just a few steps away from being ready to launch!
- Last year, a woman had come to APC right before the Walk for Life and found out she was pregnant. She already had 3 teenage children and was not sure how she could manage a 4th. She decided that she would opt for an abortion…until APC walkers showed up at her door and showered her with gifts and supplies for babies the very next day! Her teenage son came by to thank APC because his mom decided then and there to keep the baby!
- SEE MORE PHOTOS from the Walk for Life here — https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151944348854329.1073741826.83160739328&type=1